On January 1, 2020, Gray Plant Mooty and Lathrop Gage – two of the oldest continuously operating law firms west of the Mississippi River – combined to form Lathrop GPM LLP.
With origins going back to 1866, Lathrop GPM is a national law firm with nearly 400 attorneys and 14 offices from coast to coast, in Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, California, Colorado, Texas, Massachusetts, North Dakota and the District of Columbia. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law in 36 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
Lathrop GPM serves clients both domestically and internationally with their multi-national and international goals. Our International practice has served clients in more than 150 countries in every imaginable market sector. We harness our collective experience and networks to lead our clients’ businesses from concept to market.
In addition to a thriving International practice, Lathrop GPM is known for strengths in areas including:
• Franchise – both nationally and globally
• Mergers & Acquisitions – involving domestic and international companies, including foreign-based buyers or sellers
• Trademarks – managing over 14,000 active trademark applications and registrations, both domestic and international, on behalf of a broad spectrum of clients
• Patents – representing clients with respect to more than 11,000 active patents and patent applications
• Life Science patent prosecution – working with 3 of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies in building out global and comprehensive patent estates
• Trusts, Estates and Legacy Planning – with one of the largest practices in the western United States, advising high-net worth clients with sophisticated needs
• Insurance Recovery and Counseling – representing only policyholders
• Environmental - including regulatory, litigation and insurance recovery
• Tort – including toxic and mass torts, product liability, nuisance, professional liability and premises liability