Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers understand the complex, interrelated legal, technical and compliance issues involved in cybersecurity. The Miller Thomson Cybersecurity Team has developed industry-leading capabilities in sectors such as manufacturing, insurance, healthcare, financial services, retail, communications and transportation, allowing it to effectively advise clients with industry-specific best practices when it comes to cybersecurity.
The Miller Thomson Cybersecurity Team works with clients in developing practical action plans for mitigating and responding to cyber threats, including:
- Advising boards and management teams on governance best practices and legal duties.
- Preparing and vetting cyber incident response plans.
- Compliance and strategic risk mitigation advice.
- Advising on cybersecurity and Directors & Officers insurance coverage.
- Advising on supply chain risk management.
- Security incident preparedness, response and disclosure counselling.
- Due diligence and risk allocation advice for transactions of all types.
- Engagement with public policy and regulatory processes.
- Representation in the event of an investigation, enforcement action or litigation.
The Miller Thomson Cybersecurity Team is proud to serve its clients in Canada’s both official languages. Our team is comprised of members from across the country allowing to it to provide effective, timely and practical advice to its clients.