What we do
Members of the Media, Advertising and Entertainment Practice Group regularly handle a variety of matters, including the following types:
- Pre-publication and pre-broadcast review.
- Negotiating location deals for feature and television production.
- Negotiating publishing contracts and license agreements.
- Responses to requests for retraction.
- Responses to informal claims and requests of various types.
- Trials of lawsuits, appeals and other dispute resolution.
- Negotiating management and recording contracts and touring agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating advertising service contracts.
- Responses to subpoenas, including motions to quash.
- Evaluating and defending against claims for defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement and related claims.
- Assisting clients in creating and managing forums, blogs and hyper-local reader generated news.
- Advising on policies relating to reader comments on stories, editorials, blogs and other content posted on news websites.
- Advising on the use of social media for the delivery of news and content.
- Drafting and helping clients manage social media policies for their employees.
- Drafting website terms of service and privacy policies.
- Assisting in regulatory compliance and policy development regarding the use of “drone” unmanned aircraft.