Tompkins Wake is a leading full-service national commercial law firm with four offices around New Zealand. With some 80 specialist lawyers, the firm provides clients with top tier expertise and experience through our focus on genuine specialisation. Within our practice teams are experts with specific areas of focus, ensuring our clients receive support and advice from those specialists who work collaboratively across the various disciplines.
The firm has a strong international practice with clients investing and doing business in many countries around the world.
Tompkins Wake’s practice is well supported by a dedicated management team led by our Chief Executive. We invest heavily in technology, ensuring our systems and processes provide our people with the best possible tools.
Our diversity fuels our culture. Our people’s backgrounds, cultures, experiences and skills drive fresh thinking, new ideas, unique perspectives and insights, allowing us to continually develop new and better solutions. Our inclusive culture encourages diversity of thought building engagement, nurturing collaboration and innovation, and creating an environment that continually improves our work and our services for our clients.
At Tompkins Wake, our approach includes:
• Providing timely, responsive client focused advice;
• Developing a deep understanding of our clients’ needs;
• Providing pragmatic advice tailored to meet our clients’ objectives;
• Developing a trust and confidence relationship with our clients by investing time to build relationships;
• Working to optimise clients’ spend and maximise efficiency in the solutions and outcomes we create; and
• Being accessible and focused on our clients’ needs, regularly engaging with them at their places of business.
Rankings & Awards
Tompkins Wake is recognised as one of New Zealand’s leading and most innovative law firms (NZ Law Firm of the Year 2019 (under 100 lawyers) and NZ Lawyer Innovative Firms 2019 and 2020). Our pragmatic and commercial approach has led to Tompkins Wake being ranked among the Asia Pacific region’s best performing law firms in Legal 500 with our lawyers being well recognised in the pre-eminent global legal directories.