FinTech Guide Chapter 12 Switzerland
The attitude regarding pawning services is not very positive and restrictive under the Cantonal regulations in force. The same applies to online pawning.
Licenses are granted by the Cantons in Switzerland. They can restrict licenses to public entities (Article 907 Swiss Civil Code – CC).
The pawning business had historically a social background in Switzerland. This changed and the business is increasing. It is estimated that approx. 15’000 pawning loans p.a. are granted in Switzerland.
Jürg E. Hartmann
1. Payment Services / Mobile Payment
2. Asset and Portfolio Management
3. Consulting and Broking Services / Robo-advisory / Auto-trading
4. Trading Platforms / Social Trading Platforms / Signal Following
5. Crowdfunding / Crowdinvesting / Crowdlending
6. Virtual Currency - Bitcoin
7. Loan Services / Factoring / Loan Broking / Finetrading
8. Online Banking Services
9. Analytics and Research / Data Management / Risk Management
15. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Publication Date: 1 May 2018