FinTech Guide Chapter 12 Canada
Pawning services are regulated on a Provincial basis so offering services on a nationwide basis may be difficult.
Any pawning service in Canada, whether on line or physical, is subject to provincial regulations which vary from province to province.
The potential market is likely large but likely due to regulatory constraints (as set out above) there has not been a significant level of activity in this section to-date.
Nora F. Osbaldeston
William L Northcote
1. Payment Services / Mobile Payment
2. Asset and Portfolio Management
3. Consulting and Broking Services / Robo-advisory / Auto-trading
4. Trading Platforms / Social Trading Platforms / Signal Following
5. Crowdfunding / Crowdinvesting / Crowdlending
6. Virtual Currency - Bitcoin
7. Loan Services / Factoring / Loan Broking / Finetrading
8. Online Banking Services
9. Analytics and Research / Data Management / Risk Management
15. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Publication Date: 1 May 2018