FinTech Guide Chapter 11 Hungary
The social and political climate towards identification services is neutral. We are not aware of reservations.
eIDAS applies directly in Hungary. According to eIDAS, authentication may be provided by Qualified Trust Service Providers (“QTSP”) (as defined under eIDAS). The rules of Outsourcing may further apply.
There are currently three QTSPs in Hungary: Microsec, Netlock and the National Infocommunications Services Company Ltd. The first two are private companies and the third is a governmental company.
1. Payment Services / Mobile Payment
2. Asset and Portfolio Management
3. Consulting and Broking Services / Robo-advisory / Auto-trading
4. Trading Platforms / Social Trading Platforms / Signal Following
5. Crowdfunding / Crowdinvesting / Crowdlending
6. Virtual Currency - Bitcoin
7. Loan Services / Factoring / Loan Broking / Finetrading
8. Online Banking Services
9. Analytics and Research / Data Management / Risk Management
15. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Publication Date: 1 May 2018