FinTech Guide 4. Trading Platforms/Social Trading Platforms/Signal Following
FinTechs belonging to this category operate trading platforms or online market places for investment opportunities or certain financial contracts, e.g. securities, factoring etc., and sometimes furthermore provide contact to financial experts and tools for the decision-making.
FinTech-signaling and social trading platforms provide users with the opportunity to exchange opinions on financial investments and offer signal providers and traders the possibility to make their securities portfolio publicly visible. This way the portfolios can be linked to and followed by other traders via the platform automatically, so that the trading and investment strategy of the followed traders can be copied.
The platform often cooperates with a financial services provider or a credit institution where both the trader and the follower hold their securities accounts and to which the platform passes on the trading decisions. They also execute the orders both of the trader and the follower.
The following table lists the currently leading social trading platforms:
1. Payment Services / Mobile Payment
2. Asset and Portfolio Management
3. Consulting and Broking Services / Robo-advisory / Auto-trading
4. Trading Platforms / Social Trading Platforms / Signal Following
5. Crowdfunding / Crowdinvesting / Crowdlending
6. Virtual Currency - Bitcoin
7. Loan Services / Factoring / Loan Broking / Finetrading
8. Online Banking Services
9. Analytics and Research / Data Management / Risk Management
15. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Publication Date: 1 May 2018