FinTech Guide Chapter 3
FinTechs belonging to this category offer consulting and broking services for investments usually via an internet platform.
Robo advisory services usually offer an investment proposition following a series of questions concerning the personal financial background and the risk-bearing capacity of the user. Sometimes the respective platform also enables the user to directly execute the proposed investment.
Auto-Trading concerns all services which automatically trade on behalf of the customer according to his or her specifications.
Aside from this some FinTechs collect and offer only as an ancillary service market information or operate comparison portals in order to increase the transparency of the capital markets and to help the investor with his decision-making.
There are also FinTech-advertising-services which advertise various financial services or products.
The following diagram presents the potential cost savings through the usage of robo advisors:
1. Payment Services / Mobile Payment
2. Asset and Portfolio Management
3. Consulting and Broking Services / Robo-advisory / Auto-trading
4. Trading Platforms / Social Trading Platforms / Signal Following
5. Crowdfunding / Crowdinvesting / Crowdlending
6. Virtual Currency - Bitcoin
7. Loan Services / Factoring / Loan Broking / Finetrading
8. Online Banking Services
9. Analytics and Research / Data Management / Risk Management
15. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Publication Date: 1 August 2019