FinTech Guide Chapter 1
FinTechs belonging to this category offer alternative payment services which are supposed to provide private and business customers with a faster and cheaper method for making national, European and international payments using new technologies.
Payment service providers offer solutions to easily integrate several payment services in online shops.
Some FinTechs furthermore provide real cash register systems and online-reservation solutions for restaurants and shops providing their own payment services or making use of the payment services of other FinTechs.
The following diagram gives an idea of how big the market for non-cash payment services is:
Source: World Payments Report 2018, Capgemini, BNP Paribas
1. Payment Services / Mobile Payment
2. Asset and Portfolio Management
3. Consulting and Broking Services / Robo-advisory / Auto-trading
4. Trading Platforms / Social Trading Platforms / Signal Following
5. Crowdfunding / Crowdinvesting / Crowdlending
6. Virtual Currency - Bitcoin
7. Loan Services / Factoring / Loan Broking / Finetrading
8. Online Banking Services
9. Analytics and Research / Data Management / Risk Management
15. Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Publication Date: 1 August 2019