Cian is a senior associate in the employment group at Philip Lee. Cian has acted for a large number of employers and employees, on various employment law matters both contentious and non-contentious. He advises both public and private sector clients in relation to all aspects of employment law. Cian also advises in the area of immigration and regularly assists employers to bring their employees to Ireland. Cian’s experience in non-contentious employment matters includes:
- Drafting contracts of employment and employment policies for senior employees and large organisations;
- Advising employers in relation to redundancy processes and procedures;
- Advising employers in relation to workplace investigations, grievances and disciplinary matters;
- Assisting employers with cross border employment and jurisdiction issues; and
- Advising employers in relation to the transfer of undertakings protocols and procedures.
- Cian also has significant experience in contentious matters advising and representing clients before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and at all court levels. This work often includes matters of unfair dismissal, equality and discrimination and bullying.
Cian also regularly assists employers and employees in relation to achieving severance packages and related agreements.
Cian is a member of the Law Society’s Guidance and Ethics Committee and regularly lectures at the Law Society.
As part of his immigration work, Cian has helped employers across a range of industries to bring employees to Ireland. This work includes providing advice on employment permits, visas, EU treaty rights, and the UK Preclearance scheme. Cian has also assisted individuals, particularly British and American citizens, applying for Irish citizenship through Irish ancestry.
Prior to joining Philip Lee Cian worked in a prominent general practice in Cork city.